On Saturday we were at the White Barn in Prospect PA. The event was a wedding ceremony and reception for Melissa and Connor. Melissa and Connor were married in front of the pond at the White Barn. Guests began arriving at the White Barn at 2:30 pm as we played prelude music prior to the start of the wedding ceremony. The ceremony started a few minutes after 3:00 pm and was presided over by Reverend Kevin Gourley.
After a 20 minute ceremony, guests transitioned to the lower level of the barn where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs. At 5:00 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the barn and then toasts were offered prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at Medure’s Catering and was served buffet style.
After dinner, Melissa and Connor cut their wedding cake and then shared in their first dance togather as husband and wife to the song XO by John Mayer. Next, Melissa danced with her father and then Connor danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 9:00 pm.
Here is the music that Melissa and Connor chose for each of the formal events:
- Parents Introduction – Fly Me To The Moon, Frank Sinatra
- Bridal Party Introduction – The Music Never Stopped, Grateful Dead
- Bride & Groom Introduction – They Love Each Other, Grateful Dead
- Cutting of the Cake – How Sweet It Is (To be Loved By You), Jame Taylor
- Bride & Groom First Dance – XO, John Mayer
- Bride & Father Dance – My Little Girl, Tim McGraw
- Groom & Mother Dance – Child Of Mine, Carol King
- Anniversary Dance – Always And Forever, Luther Vandross
- Bouquet Toss – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), Beyonce
- Garter Removal – The Way You Move, Outkast
- Garter Toss – The Way You Move, Outkast
- Garter Dressing – Get Lucky, Daft Punk
- Last Dance – One More Saturday Night, Grateful Dead