On Saturday August 31st 2013 we were at the West Overton Barn and Village in Scottdale Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding ceremony and wedding reception for Gregory and Kristin Washington. Kristen and Greg were married at the bottom of the main staircase in front of the Abraham Overholt Homestead. Guests began arriving at the West Overton Museum shortly before 3:00 pm where we provided prelude music prior to the start of the wedding ceremony. The ceremony started promptly at 3:30 pm and was presided over by Reverend Dina McGee. During the ceremony, Kristin’s Uncle Bob Toia Jr. and Greg’s Godmother Janice Freiss each gave readings. The ceremony lasted approximately 20 minutes, after which guests transitioned to the Big Barn where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Rachel of Rachel Rowland Photography.
At 5:45 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the Big Barn and then Kristin and Greg cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the staff at Carson’s Premier Catering and was served family-style.
After dinner, Kristin and Greg shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Just By Being You by Steel Magnolia. Next, Kristen danced with her father Mr. Jack Klug and then Greg danced with his mother Mrs. Carol Washington. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 11:00 pm.
Here is the music that Kristin and Greg chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Troublemaker, Taio Cruz
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Give Me Everything, Pitbull
- Cutting of the Cake – Never Wanted Nothin’ More, Kenny Chesney
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Just By Being You, Steel Magnolia
- Bride & Father Dance – I Loved Her First, Heartland
- Groom & Mother Dance – My Wish, Rascal Flatts
- Anniversary Dance – Feels Like Home, Chantal Kreviazuk
- Bouquet Toss – Right Round, Flo Rida
- Garter Removal – Real Good Man, Tim McGraw
- Garter Toss – Real Good Man, Tim McGraw
- Garter Dressing – Sexy Chick, David Guetta
- Last Dance – Here’s To Us, Glee Cast