On Saturday October 12th 2013 we were at the White Barn in Prospect Pennsylvania. The event was an outdoor wedding ceremony and indoor wedding reception for Rachel and Phil. Guests began arriving at the White Barn shortly before 3:00 pm as we provided prelude music prior to the start of the wedding ceremony. The ceremony started at 4:00 pm and was held behind the White Barn near the pond. Reverend Mark DeNuzzio of A Simple Vow presided over the ceremony which lasted approximately 20 minutes.
After the ceremony, guests transitioned to the lower level of the barn where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Morgan Bohart of Sparrow Heart Photography.
At 5:15 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the White Barn and then Rachel and Phil shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song First Day Of My Life by Bright Eyes. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at Medure’s Catering from New Castle and was served buffet style.
After dinner Rachel and Phil cut their wedding cake and then Rachel danced with her father and Phil danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. At 8:30 pm all of the guests were treated to 5 different varieties of brick oven pizza that was prepared fresh on-site by Medure’s Catering. This was a huge hit with the guests as the pizza was delicious. Throughout the remainder of the evening guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:30 pm.
Here is the music that Rachel and Phil chose for each of the formal events:
- Parents Introductions – Celebration, Kool & The Gang
- Bridal Party Introduction – The Way You Make Me Feel, Michael Jackson
- Bride & Groom Introduction – I Believe In A Thing Called Love, The Darkness
- Cutting of the Cake – You Are The Best Thing, Ray LaMontagne
- Bride & Groom First Dance – First Day Of My Life, Bright Eyes
- Bride & Father Dance – Teach Your Children Well, CSNY
- Groom & Mother Dance – Forever Young, Norah Jones
- Anniversary Dance – Always And Forever, Luther Vandross
- Last Dance – Crazy Love, Audra Mae