On Sunday June 18, 2017 we were at the White Barn in Prospect Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding ceremony and wedding reception for Katie and Lawrence. Katie and Lawrence had planned on getting married in front of the pond at The White Barn. However, due to weather conditions, the ceremony had to be moved inside. Guests began arriving at The White Barn at 3:00 pm as we played prelude music prior to the start of the wedding ceremony.
The ceremony started at 4:00 pm and was presided over by Rabbi Chuck Diamond. After a 25 minute ceremony, guests transitioned to the lower level of the barn where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs.
At 5:15 pm we formally introduced the bride & groom into the barn and then Katie and Lawrence cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the staff at Medure’s Catering and was served buffet style.
After dinner, Katie and Lawrence shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Thank You by Led Zeppelin. Next, Katie danced with her father and stepfather and Lawrence danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:00 pm.
Here is the music that Katie and Lawrence chose for each of the formal events:
- Bride & Groom Introduction – First Date, Blink 182
- Cutting of the Cake – Better Together, Jack Johnson
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Thank You, Led Zeppelin
- Bride & Father Dance – Forever Young, Rod Stewart
- Bride & Stepfather Dance – You’ll Accompany Me, Bob Seger
- Groom & Mother Dance – A Mother’s Song, T Carter Music
- Anniversary Dance – When I Fall In Love, Nat King Cole
- Bouquet Toss – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper
- Last Dance – Closing Time, Semisonic