On Saturday June 15th 2013 we were at The Terrace Room in Butler Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for John and Grace Jerasa. Grace and John were married at 3:00 pm at the Trinity United Church of Christ in Dorseyville PA. Guests began arriving at The Terrace Room at 5:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and butler passed appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Lucy Schaly of Lucy’s Weddings.
At 5:45 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the banquet hall and then Grace and John cut their wedding cake before dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at The Terrace Room and was served buffet style.
After dinner, the newlyweds shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz. After dancing with the bridal party, Grace danced with her father Mr. Michael Holupka and John danced with his mother Ms. Joyce Jerasa to the song What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. Throughout the remainder of the evening guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:00 pm.
Here is the music that Grace and John chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours), Stevie Wonder
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Happy Together, The Turtles
- Cutting of the Cake – It Had To Be You, Harry Connick Jr.
- Bride & Groom First Dance – I Won’t Give Up, Jason Mraz
- Bridal Party Dance – Fly Me To The Moon, Frank Sinatra
- Bride & Father Dance – What A Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong
- Groom & Mother Dance – What A Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong
- Anniversary Dance – Through The Years, Kenny Rogers
- Bouquet Toss – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper
- Garter Removal – James Bond, Television Theme
- Garter Toss – It’s Raining Men, The Weather Girls
- Garter Dressing – Wild Thing, The Troggs
- Last Dance – You’re The One That I Want, John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John