On Saturday August 09, 2014 we were at The New Englander in New Castle Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Kristen and Alex. Kristen and Alex booked our Deluxe Entertainment Package which includes up-lighting. The couple chose a peach color to be displayed during cocktail hour and dinner and they opted for the light show during open dancing.
Kristen and Alex were married at 4:00 pm at the First United Methodist Church in New Castle PA. Guests began arriving at The New Englander at 5:30 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Bethany of Wedding By Bethany and Video with Eric of Robbins Video Productions.
At 6:30 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Kristen and Alex played The Newlywed Game prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at The New Englander and was served buffet style.
After dinner, the newlyweds cut their wedding cake and then shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith. Next Kristen danced with her father and then Alex danced with his mother & birth-mother, prior to opening up the dance floor.
Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:30 pm.
Here is the music that Kristen and Alex chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Forever, Chris Brown
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Let’s Get It Started, Black Eyed Peas
- Cutting of the Cake – Marry Me, Train
- Bride & Groom First Dance – I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing, Aerosmith
- Bride & Father Dance – Cinderella, Steven Curtis Chapman
- Groom & Mother Dance – Lean On Me, Bill Withers
- Bouquet Toss – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), Beyonce
- Garter Removal – Only Girl In The World, Rihanna
- Garter Toss – Sexyback, Justin Timberlake
- Garter Dressing – The Way You Make Me Feel, Michael Jackson
- Last Dance – We Are Family, Sister Sledge