On Saturday we were at The Mayernik Center in Avonworth Community Park. The event was a wedding reception for Amanda and Andrew. Amanda and Andrew were married at 2:00 pm at St. Mary’s Church in Sharpsburg PA. Guests began arriving at The Mayernik Center at 3:45 pm as they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs.
At 5:30 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Amanda and Andrew shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Wonderwall by Ryan Adams. Next, Amanda danced with her mother while Andrew danced with his mother to Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler.
After dinner, we kicked things off with an anniversary dance and then throughout the remainder of the evening guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster, until the wedding reception ended at 9:30 pm.
Here is the music that Amanda and Andrew chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Uma Thurman, Fall Out Boy
- Bride & Groom Introduction – At Last, Etta James & Shipping Up To Boston, Dropkick Murphys
- Cutting of the Cake – Sugar, Maroon 5
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Wonderwall, Ryan Adams
- Bride & Mother Dance – Wing Beneath My Wings, Bette Midler
- Groom & Mother Dance – Wing Beneath My Wings, Bette Midler
- Anniversary Dance – Always and Forever, Luther Vandross
- Last Dance – Goodnight Sweeheart, The Spaniels