On Saturday we were at The Magnolia Room in Creighton Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Katey and Alex. Katey and Alex were married at 3:00 pm at the Our Lady of Perpetual Hope Church in Natrona Heights. Guests began arriving at The Magnolia Room shortly before 5:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs.
At 6:00 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Katey and Alex cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the staff at The Magnolia Room and was served buffet style.
After dinner, Katey and Alex shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song I Don’t Dance (Lee Brice) which was performed live by groomsman Joe Sharick. Next, Katey danced with her father and then Alex danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:00 pm.
Here is the music that Katey and Alex chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – I Believe In A Thing Called Love, The Darkness
- Bride & Groom Introduction – I Was Made For Loving You, KISS
- Cutting of the Cake – You’re My Best Friend, Queen
- Bride & Groom First Dance – I Don’t Dance, Joe Sharick
- Bride & Father Dance – The Way You Look Tonight, Michael Buble
- Groom & Mother Dance – Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- Anniversary Dance – Remember When, Alan Jackson
- Bouquet Toss – Maneater, Nelly Furtado
- Garter Removal – Mission Impossible, Television Theme
- Garter Toss – Who Let The Dogs Out, Baha Men
- Garter Dressing – Keep You Hands To Yourself, Georgia Satellites
- Last Dance – Wonderful Tonight, Eric Clapton