On Saturday December 13, 2014 we were at The Grand Ballroom at Cornerstone Commons in Butler Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding ceremony and wedding reception for Melissa and Jordan. Melissa and Jordan were married in The Palladian Room at Cornerstone Commons. Guests began arriving at The Palladian Room shortly before 4:00 pm as we played prelude music prior to the start of the wedding ceremony.
The wedding ceremony started a little after 4:30 pm and was presided over by the former Mayor of Millvale Jim Burns. After a 10 minute wedding ceremony, guests transitioned to The Grand Ballroom where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Bethany Boarts and Steve Dalton of Wedding by Bethany.
At 6:15 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then toasts were offered prior to dinner. After dinner, Melissa and Jordan cut their “wedding donut” and then shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Northern Wind by City and Colour. Next Melissa danced with her father & step-father and then Jordan danced with his mother prior to opening up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:30 pm.
Here is the music that Melissa and Jordan chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – I Believe in a Thing Called Love, The Darkness
- Bride & Groom Introduction – I Believe in a Thing Called Love, The Darkness
- Cutting of the Cake – Just Like Heaven, Gatsby’s American Dream
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Northern Wind, City and Colour
- Bride & Father Dance – Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- Groom & Mother Dance – In My Life, The Beatles
- Last Dance – Don’t Stop Believin’, Journey