On Saturday we were at our favorite banquet hall, The Crystal Room in Butler Pennsylvania. I am always excited when I get to DJ a wedding reception at The Crystal Room because I know that things are going to run smoothly. This is in part due to the Days Inn’s two outstanding banquet managers Whitney Camp and Mary Bach.
Today’s event was a wedding reception for Maggie and Ian. Maggie and Ian were married at 3:30 pm at the Trinity United Methodist Church in Brackenridge. Guests began arriving at The Crystal Room at 5:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Ken Carl of KC3 Photography.
At 6:00 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Maggie and Ian cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at The Crystal Room and was served sit-down style.
After dinner, Maggie and Ian shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Bless The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. Next, the newlyweds shared in a dance with the bridal party and then Maggie danced with her father and Ian danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 11:00 pm.
Here is the music that Maggie and Ian chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Various Songs
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Bring Em Out, T.I.
- Cutting of the Cake – Sugar, Sugar, The Archies
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Bless The Broken Road, Rascal Flatts
- Bridal Party Dance – My Best Friend, Tim McGraw
- Bride & Father Dance – I Loved Her First, Heartland
- Groom & Mother Dance – The Perfect Fan, Backstreet Boys
- Last Dance – Don’t Stop Believin’, Journey