On Friday we were at The Crystal Room in Butler Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Rachel and Matthew. Rachel and Matthew were married at 4:00 pm at the First United Methodist Church in Butler. Guests began arriving at The Crystal Room at 6:00 pm as they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Brett & Stephanie of Whitling Photography and video with Candace Sobotka of Wedding Stories by Pittsburgh Wedding DVD.
At 6:45 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then we dimmed the house lights and guests watched a 10 minute photo montage featuring Rachel & Matt. After the photo montage, we immediately introduced the newlyweds into the ballroom and they shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song I Won’t Give up, by Jason Mraz. Rachel and Matt then cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at The Crystal Room and was served buffet style.
After dinner Rachel danced with her father and then Matt danced with his mother, prior to opening up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 11:00 pm.
Here is the music that Rachel and Matt chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Crazy In Love, Beyonce
- Bride & Groom Introduction – I Believe In A Thing Called Love, The Darkness
- Cutting of the Cake – All Of Me, John Legend
- Bride & Groom First Dance – I Won’t Give up, Jason Mraz
- Bride & Father Dance – Dance Baby Dance, Chris Cagle
- Groom & Mother Dance – The Perfect Fan, The Backstreet Boys
- Anniversary Dance – Through The Years, Kenny Rogers
- Bouquet Toss – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), Beyonce
- Garter Removal – Bad To The Bone, George Thorogood
- Garter Toss – Sharp Dressed Man, ZZ Top
- Garter Dressing – Cherry Pie, Warrant
- Last Dance – Wonderful Tonight, Eric Clapton