On Saturday we were at The Crystal Room in Butler Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Merissa and Jeff. Merissa and Jeff were married at 1:30 pm at St. Gertrude Parish in Vandergrift PA. Guests began arriving at The Crystal Room at 5:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Ashley Sekal of Decisive Moments Photography.
At 6:00 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Merissa and Jeff cut their wedding cake. Next, toasts were offered by the best man and matron of honor prior to dinner. The matron of honor’s toast was a huge surprise because Merissa and Jeff did not know that she had contacted us prior to the wedding and made arrangements for us to play a karaoke version of Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks as she sang her toast. She did an awesome job and the guests really enjoyed it.
Dinner was prepared by the staff at The Crystal Room and was served buffet style. After dinner, Merissa and Jeff shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Keeper of The Stars by Tracy Byrd. Next, Merissa danced with her father and then Jeff danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:00 pm.
Here is the music that Merissa and Jeff chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Various Songs
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Renegade, Styx
- Cutting of the Cake – Hit Me With Your best Shot, Pat Benatar
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Keeper of The Stars, Tracy Byrd
- Bride & Father Dance – I Loved Her First, Heartland
- Groom & Mother Dance – Mom, Garth Brooks
- Anniversary Dance – Remember When, Alan Jackson
- Bouquet Toss – Country Girl Shake It For Me, Luke Bryan
- Garter Removal – Hot For Teacher, Van Halen
- Garter Toss – Real Good Man, Tim McGraw
- Garter Dressing – Pony, Ginuwine
- Last Dance – What’s It To You, Clay Walker