On Saturday we were at The Crystal Room in Butler Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding ceremony and wedding reception for Katie and Josh. Katie and Josh were married in The Terrace Room at the Butler Days Inn. Guests began arriving at The Terrace Room at 3:30 pm as we played prelude music prior to the start of the wedding ceremony. The ceremony started at 4:00 pm and was presided over by a family friend. After a 15 minute wedding ceremony, guests transitioned to The Crystal Room while the bridal party posed for photographs with Bethany Boarts of Wedding by Bethany.
At 6:00 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then toasts were offered by the best man, maid of honor & matron of honor prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the staff at The Crystal Room and was served buffet style.
After dinner, the newlyweds cut their wedding cake. Next, Josh danced with his mother and then Katie danced with her father. Then Katie and Josh shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:30 pm.
Here is the music that Katie and Josh chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – How far We’ve Come, Matchbox 20
- Bride & Groom Introduction – How far We’ve Come, Matchbox 20
- Cutting of the Cake – Better Together, Jack Johnson
- Bride & Groom First Dance – I Won’t Give Up, Jason Mraz
- Bride & Father Dance – Butterfly Kisses, Bob Carlisle
- Groom & Mother Dance – Forever Young, Rod Stewart
- Anniversary Dance – Always And Forever, Luther Vandross
- Last Dance – Closing Time, Semisonic