On Saturday January 31, 2015 we were at The Crystal Room in Butler Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Channing and Derrick. Channing and Derrick were married at 3:30 pm at Unionville Presbyterian Church. Guests began arriving at The Crystal Room shortly before 5:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Tracy of Tracy Brien Photography and video with Jason and Jerrick of Fairytale Videography.
At 5:50 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Channing and Derrick cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the staff at The Crystal Room and was served sit-down style.
After dinner, Channing and Derrick shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song When God Made You by Newsong & Natalie Grant. Next, the newlyweds danced with the bridal party and then Channing danced with her father and Derrick danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 11:00 pm.
Here is the music that Channing and Derrick chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Get Ready For This, 2 Unlimited
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Thunderstruck, AC/DC
- Cutting of the Cake – I Wanna Grow Old With You, Adam Sandler
- Bride & Groom First Dance – When God Made You, Newsong & Natalie Grant
- Bridal Party Dance – I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing, Aerosmith
- Bride & Father Dance – I Loved Her First, Heartland
- Groom & Mother Dance – It’s Your Song, Garth Brooks
- Anniversary Dance – Through The Years, Kenny Rogers
- Bouquet Toss – Cherry Pie, Warrant
- Garter Removal – Let’s Get It On, Marvin Gaye
- Garter Toss – Sharp Dressed Man, ZZ Top
- Garter Dressing – Hot In Here, Nelly
- Last Dance – I’ll Follow You, Shinedown