On Saturday we were at the Sugarcreek Firehall in East Brady Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Grant and Ashley Morrow. Ashley and Grant were married at 3:30 pm at the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Chicora Pennsylvania. Guests began arriving at the Sugarcreek Firehall shortly before 4:30 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs.
At 5:30 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then the guests watched a 7 minute photo montage featuring Ashley & Grant. Next, the best man Luke Morrow offered a toast to the bride & groom prior to dinner, which was served buffet style.
After dinner, Ashley & Grant cut their wedding cake and then shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Livin’ Our Love Song by Jason Michael Carroll. One of the highlights of the evening came as Ashley danced with her father Mr. James Hillwig to a special mix of Heartland’s I Loved Her First and Psy’s Gangnam Style. Throughout the remainder of the evening guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 11:00 pm.
Here is the music that Ashley and Grant chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – I Gotta Feelin, Black Eyed Peas
- Bride & Groom Introduction – The Final Countdown, Europe
- Cutting of the Cake – I Got You Babe, Sonny & Cher
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Livin’ Our Love Song, Jason Michael Carroll
- Bridal Party Dance – 100 Years, Five For Fighting
- Bride & Father Dance – I Loved Her First, Heartland & Gangnam Style, Psy
- Groom & Mother Dance – Wagon Wheel, Old Crow Medicine Show
- Anniversary Dance – Through The Years, Kenny Rogers
- Bouquet Toss – Man I Feel Like A Woman, Shania Twain
- Garter Removal – I’m Too Sexy, Right Said Fred
- Garter Toss – Who Let The Dogs Out, Baha Men
- Garter Dressing – You Sexy Thing, Hot Chocolate
- Last Dance – Family Tradition, Hank Williams Jr.