On Sunday we were at Succop Nature Park in Butler Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding ceremony and wedding reception for Valarie and Michael. Valarie and Mike had planned on getting married near the edge of the pond at Succop Nature Park. However, mother nature had different plans. The ceremony was originally scheduled to begin at 3:00 pm, but because of rain, the couple decided to postpone the start of the ceremony to see if the rain would pass.
After waiting for 30 minutes without a break in the rain, the decision was made to move the ceremony to under the event pavilion. The ceremony started at approximately 3:45 and was presided over by Steve Gregg. After a 15 minute ceremony, guests transitioned to the rear of the MarCraig House where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs.
At 5:00 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the event pavilion and then toasts were offered by the best man and maid of honor prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the staff at Medure’s Catering and was served buffet style.
After dinner, Valarie and Mike shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Lovin’ In My Baby’s Eyes by Taj Mahal. Next, the newlyweds danced with the bridal party and then Valarie danced with her father and Mike danced with his grandmother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 9:00 pm.
Here is the music that Valarie and Michael chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – All You Need Is Love, The Beatles
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Marry You, Bruno Mars
- Cutting of the Cake – When I’m 64, The Beatles
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Lovin’ In My Baby’s Eyes, Taj Mahal
- Bridal Party Dance – With A Little Help From My Friends, Joe Cocker
- Bride & Father Dance – God Gave Me You, Blake Shelton
- Groom & Mother Dance – What A Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong
- Anniversary Dance – Always and Forever, Luther Vandross
- Bouquet Toss – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper
- Garter Removal – The Distance, Cake
- Garter Toss – Wild Thing, The Troggs
- Garter Dressing – Do You Wanna Touch Me, Joan Jett
- Last Dance – Solid Ground, Drew Emmitt