On Friday October 03, 2014 we were at Succop Conservancy in Butler Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding ceremony and wedding reception for Kara and Corry. Kara and Corry were originally planning on getting married in front of the MarCraig House at Succop Conservancy. However due the uncooperative weather, a last minute decision was made to move the wedding ceremony to under the pavilion.
Guests began arriving at Succop Conservancy at 4:00 pm as we played prelude music prior to the start of the wedding ceremony. The ceremony started at approximately 5:00 pm and was presided over by Pastor Tom Bracken. After an approximate 20 minute ceremony, guests transitioned to the inside of the Marcraig House where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with April of Shimpeno Photography.
At 6:30 we formally introduced the bridal party into the event pavilion and then Kara and Corry cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at Medure’s Catering from New Castle and was served buffet style.
After dinner, the newlyweds shared in their first dance together as husband and wife the song That’s How Strong My Love Is by Otis Redding. Next, Kara danced with her father while Corry danced with his grandmother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:00 pm.
Here is the music that Kara and Corry chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – I Believe In A Thing Called Love, The Darkness
- Bride & Groom Introduction – I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles), The Proclaimers
- Cutting of the Cake – When I’m 64, The Beatles
- Bride & Groom First Dance – That’s How Strong My Love Is, Otis Redding
- Bride & Father Dance – God Only Knows, The Beach Boys
- Groom & Grandmother Dance – God Only Knows, The Beach Boys
- Anniversary Dance – Remember When, Alan Jackson
- Bouquet Toss – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), Beyonce
- Garter Removal – Game Of Thrones, Television Theme
- Garter Toss – Girls, Beastie Boys
- Garter Dressing – Big Pimpin, Jay-Z
- Last Dance – XO, Beyonce