On Saturday we were at Merryman Manor in New Castle Pennsylvania. The event was an outdoor wedding reception for Shane and Lindsey Merryman. Lindsey and Shane were married at 3:00 pm at the First Presbyterian Church in New Castle. Guests began arriving at Merryman Manor at 4:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Richard Hamilton of Shadowbox Imaging and video with Bert Gerstnecker of Moving Frame Media.
At 6:00 pm we formally introduced the bridal party and then Lindsey and Shane cut their wedding cake prior to sharing in their first dance together as husband and wife. Shane and Lindsey’s first dance came as a big surprise to the guests since they had choreographed an awesome dance routine to a mix of multiple songs.
Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at Medures Catering from New Castle and was served buffet style. After dinner, Lindsey danced with her father Mr. John Hamilton and Shane dance with his mother Mrs. Lynn Merryman. Throughout the remainder of the evening guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 2:00 am. Yes, that’s right – this wedding reception ties a record with 2 other weddings (out of over 1200) that have gone 10 hours. And I will tell you that the danced floor was packed the entire evening. Be sure to check out the highlight video below.
Here is the music that Shane and Lindsey chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – I’m Too Sexy, Right Said Fred
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Paper Planes, MIA
- Cutting of the Cake – All For You, Sister Hazel
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Special Mix
- Bride & Father Dance – I Loved Her First, Heartland
- Groom & Mother Dance – A Song For Mama, Boyz II Men
- Anniversary Dance – Dream A Little Dream, Dorris Day
- Bouquet Toss – Lady Marmalade, Christina Aguilera, Lil Kim, Pink
- Garter Removal – Pony, Ginuwine
- Garter Toss – Big Pimpin, Jay-Z
- Garter Dressing – Sexy Can I, Ray J
- Last Dance – Killing Me Softly, The Fugees