On Saturday we were at Shakespeare’s Restaurant in Ellwood City. The event was a wedding reception for Emily and Dan. Emily and Dan were married at 4:15 pm at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ellwood City. Guests began arriving at Shakespeare’s Restaurant at 5:30 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs.
At 6:30 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the grand hall and then Emily and Dan cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at Shakespeare’s Restaurant and was served buffet style.
After dinner, Emily and Dan shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song How Does A Moment Last Forever by Celine Dion. Next, Emily danced with her father and then Dan danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:30 pm.
Here is the music that Emily and Dan chose for each of the formal events:
- Parents Introduction – I Gotta Feeling, Black Eyed Peas
- Bridal Party Introduction – Thunderstruck, AC/DC
- Bride & Groom Introduction – At Last, Etta James
- Cutting of the Cake – Cut The Cake, Average White Band
- Bride & Groom First Dance – How Does A Moment Last Forever, Celine Dion
- Bride & Father Dance – Daddy’s Hands, Holly Dunn
- Groom & Mother Dance – Seems Like Yesterday, Melissa Smith
- Bouquet Toss – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), Beyonce
- Garter Removal – Mission Impossible, Television Theme
- Garter Toss – I Don’t Care Anymore, Phil Collins
- Garter Dressing – Let’s Get It On, Marvin Gaye
- Last Dance – Wonderful Tonight, Eric Clapton