On Saturday August 02, 2014 we were at Shakespeare’s at Olde Stonewall in Ellwood City Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Marla and Andrew. Marla and Andrew were married at 2:30 pm at the Holy Redeemer Church in Ellwood City. Guests began arriving at Shakespeare’s at 5:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs.
At 6:00 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Marla and Andrew cut their wedding cake before sharing in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song True Companion by Marc Cohn. Next, toasts were offered by the best man and matron of honor. You have to watch the video to see the toast by Marla’s sister Kristen. She wrote and rapped her toast to the theme song from The Fresh Price of Bel-Air and it was awesome. You can watch her toast and read the lyrics she wrote by clicking here.
Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at Shakespeare’s Restaurant and was served sit-down style. After dinner, Marla shared in a dance with her father and Andrew danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:00 pm.
Here is the music that Marla and Andrew chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – The Way You Make Me Feel, Michael Jackson
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Got To Get You Into My Life, The Beatles
- Cutting of the Cake – How Sweet It Is, Marvin Gaye
- Bride & Groom First Dance – True Companion, Marc Cohn
- Bride & Father Dance – My Little Girl, Tim McGraw
- Groom & Mother Dance – A Mother’s Song, T Carter Music
- Anniversary Dance – Marry Me, Train
- Last Dance – Born To Run, Bruce Springsteen