On Saturday November 09th 2013 we were at the Power Center Ballroom at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. The Event was a wedding reception for Maureen and John. Maureen and John were married at 3:00 pm at the Chapel of the Holy Spirit at Duquesne University. Guests began arriving at the Power Center Ballroom shortly before 5:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Melanie & Josh of Melanie Grady Photography.
At 6:00 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Maureen and John cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at Parkhurst Dining and was served buffet style.
After dinner, Maureen and John shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Such Great Heights by Iron and Wine. Throughout the remainder of the evening guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:00 pm.
Here is the music that Maureen and John chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Don’t Stop Believin’, Journey
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Don’t Stop Believin’, Journey
- Cutting of the Cake – I Can’t Help Myself, Diana Ross & The Supremes
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Such Great Heights, Iron and Wine
- Anniversary Dance – Through The Years, Kenny Rogers
- Bouquet Toss – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper
- Garter Removal – Sexy And I Know It, LMFAO
- Garter Toss – Big Pimpin, Jay-Z
- Garter Dressing – N/A
- Last Dance – I’ve had The Time Of My Life, Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes