On Saturday we were at the Power Center Ballroom at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Lesley and Steve. Lesley and Steve were married at 3:00 pm at Saint Mary of the Mount on Mt. Washington.
Guests began arriving at the Power Center Ballroom at 5:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Amber of Amber Marie Photography and video with Brian of Parker Video Productions. Cocktails were held in the Fides Shepperson Suite where we provided a remote sound system to play cocktail music.
At 6:00 pm guests transitioned into the main ballroom and then shortly thereafter we formally introduced the bridal party into the hall. Next, Lesley and Steve shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. They then played The Newlywed Game prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at Parkurst Dining and was served sit-down style.
After dinner the newlyweds cut their wedding cake and then Lesley danced with her father and Steve danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster and also visited the Photo Booth which was operated by Guy from Clear Choice Photo Booth. The wedding reception ended at 10:30 pm.
Here is the music that Lesley and Steve chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Party Rock Anthem, LMFAO
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Renegade, Styx
- Cutting of the Cake – Sugar Sugar, The Archies
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Thinking Out Loud, Ed Sheeran
- Bride & Father Dance – Walk With You, Edwin McCain
- Groom & Mother Dance – Have I Told You Lately That I Love You, Rod Stewart
- Bouquet Toss – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), Beyonce
- Garter Removal – Let’s Get It On, Marvin Gaye
- Garter Toss – Sharp Dressed Man, ZZ Top
- Garter Dressing – Hot in Here, Nelly
- Last Dance – You Are The Best Thing, Ray Lamontagne