On Friday we were at Pittsburgh’s Grand Hall at The Priory. The event was a wedding ceremony and wedding reception for Minmei and Dan. Guests began arriving at Pittsburgh’s Grand Hall at 4:30 pm as we played prelude music prior to the start of the ceremony. The wedding ceremony started promptly at 5:00 pm and was presided over by Reverend Dennis Inserra. The ceremony lasted approximately 15 minutes, after which guests enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs.
At 6:15 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then toasts were offered by the best man and maid of honor. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at The Grand Hall and was served sit-down style.
After dinner, Minmei and Dan cut their wedding cake and then shared in the first dance together as husband and wife to the song Hold On by Michael Buble. After their first dance, Minmei and Dan departed the reception for a few moments for a wardrobe change (which is customary in Taiwanese culture). We then re-introduced the couple into the ballroom and then Minmei shared in a dance with her father and Dan danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:30 pm.
Here is the music that Minmei and Dan chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – All You Need Is Love, The Beatles
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Marry You, Bruno Mars
- Cutting of the Cake – Love And Marriage, Frank Sinatra
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Hold On, Michael Buble
- Bride & Father Dance – Love, This Song, Taiwanese
- Groom & Mother Dance – Mom And Dad’s Waltz, Willie Nelson
- Bouquet Toss – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), Beyonce
- Garter Removal – The Stripper, David Rose
- Garter Toss – Macho Man, The Village People
- Garter Dressing – Legs, ZZ Top
- Last Dance – Save The Last Dance For Me, Michael Buble