On Friday we were at the National Aviary in Pittsburgh. The event was a wedding ceremony and wedding reception for Laura and Brett. Laura and Brett were married in the Helen M. Schmidt FliteZone Theater. Guests began arriving at the National Aviary at 5:30 pm as we played prelude music prior to the start of the wedding ceremony. The ceremony started at 6:00 pm and was presided over by Jayme Steighner.
After a 20 minute ceremony, guests transitioned into The Atrium where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs. At 7:00 pm guests transitioned to the Rose Garden Tent where the remainder of the wedding reception was held. At 7:15 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the tent. Next, dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at Atria’s and was served buffet style.
After dinner, Laura and Brett cut their wedding cake and then shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to a mix of songs. Next, Laura danced with her mother while Brett danced with his mother. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:30 pm.
Here is the music that Laura and Brett chose for each of the formal events:
- Introductions – Let Me Clear My Throat, DJ Kool
- Cutting of the Cake – How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You), James Taylor
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Various Songs
- Bride & Mother Dance – My Wish, Rascal Flatts
- Groom & Mother Dance – My Wish, Rascal Flatts
- Bouquet Toss – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), Beyonce
- Garter Removal – Let’s Get It On, Marvin Gaye
- Garter Toss – It’s Raining Men, The Weather Girls
- Garter Dressing – Hot In Here, Nelly
- Last Dance –This Will Be (An Everlasting Love), Natalie Cole