On Saturday June 22nd 2013 we were at Laube Hall in Freeport Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Jim and Melissa Eppinger. Melissa and Jim were married at 3:30 pm at the First United Methodist Church in Butler PA. Guests began arriving at Laube Hall shortly before 5:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with photographer Connie Rodgers.
At 6:15 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the banquet hall and then toasts were offered by the best man and maid of honor. Dinner was prepared by Fairground Market from Butler and was served buffet style. After dinner Melissa and Jim cut their wedding cake prior to sharing in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Maker Said Taker by Alabama. Next, Melissa danced with her father Mr. Brian Cottage and then Jim danced with his mother Mrs. Sandi Eppinger before sharing in a choreographed dance with the bridal party.
One of the highlights from the wedding reception occurred as Jim and Melissa decided to film a Harlem Shake video. Another memorable moment happened during the group photo/video as Jim, Melissa, the bridal party, the parents and even one of the grandmothers decided to do some Crowd Surfing. Be sure to check out the highlight video below to see everything that happened. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 11:00 pm.
Here is the music that Melissa and Jim chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Various
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Let’s Get It Started, Black Eyed Peas
- Cutting of the Cake – Signed, Sealed, Delivered, Stevie Wonder
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Maker Said Taker, Alabama
- Bridal Party Dance – I’ve Had The Time Of My Life, Bill Medley, Jennifer Warnes, Black Eyed Peas
- Bride & Father Dance – When She Grows Up, Craig Campbell
- Groom & Mother Dance – I’ll Be, Reba McEntire
- Anniversary Dance – Remember When, Alan Jackson
- Bouquet Toss – Jumping Jumping, Destiny’s Child
- Garter Removal – Rebel Yell, Billy Idol
- Garter Toss – Wild Thing, Tone Loc
- Garter Dressing – Call Me Maybe, Carly Rae Jepsen
- Last Dance – Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond