On Saturday June 14, 2014 we were at the DoubleTree Hotel in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Miriam and Michael. Miriam and Michael had booked our Deluxe Entertainment Package which includes Whole Room Up-lighting. The couple chose a purple color to be displayed during dinner and then opted to have the up-lights transform into a light show during dancing.
Miriam and Michael were married in one of the ballrooms at the DoubleTree Hotel by Joe O’Brien in a 5:30pm wedding ceremony. After the ceremony, guests enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Dean of Dean M. Beattie Fine Art Photography and video with Michael McKown of George Street Photo and Video.
At 7:00pm guests transitioned into the main ballroom which is where the remainder of the reception was held. After we formally introduced the bridal party into the balloroom, Miriam and Michael shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Why Don’t We Just Dance by Josh Turner. The newlyweds then cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at the Doubletree Hotel and was served sit-down style.
After dinner, Miriam danced with her father and then Michael danced with his mother. We then invited all of the guests to the dance floor for the Hora. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 11:00 pm. Here is the music that Miriam & Michael chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – This Is How We Do It, Montel Jordan
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Big Pimpin, Jay-Z
- Cutting of the Cake – How Sweet It Is, Michael Buble
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Why Don’t We Just Dance, Josh Turner
- Bride & Father Dance – Landslide, The Smashing Pumpkins
- Groom & Mother Dance – Unforgettable, Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole
- Bouquet Toss – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), Beyonce
- Last Dance – Last Dance, Donna Summer