On Sunday we were at the Doubletree by Hilton in Monroeville PA. The event was a wedding ceremony and wedding reception for Alyssa and Brian. Alyssa and Brian were married in one of the ballrooms at the Doubletree by Hilton. Guests began arriving at the Doubletree at 7:00 pm as we played prelude music prior to the start of the ceremony. The wedding ceremony started promptly at 7:30 pm and was presided over by the district magistrate from New Kensington, The Honorable Frank Pallone.
After a 10 minute ceremony, guests transition into the lobby of the Doubletree where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs. At 9:00 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Alyssa and Brian cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at the Doubletree by Hilton and was served buffet style.
After dinner, Alyssa and Brian shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Love Me Tender by Elvis Presley. Next, Alyssa danced with her father and then Brian danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 1:00 am.
Here is the music that Alyssa and Brian chose for each of the formal events:
- Parents Introduction – L-O-V-E, Nat King Cole
- Bridal Party Introduction – The Way You Make Me Feel, Michael Jackson
- Bride & Groom Introduction – At Last, Etta James
- Cutting of the Cake – Sugar Sugar, The Archies
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Love Me Tender, Elvis Presley
- Bride & Father Dance – Child of Mine, Carole King
- Groom & Mother Dance – Simple Man, Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Anniversary Dance – Remember When, Alan Jackson
- Last Dance – Closing Time, Semisonic