On Friday we were at the Crowne Plaza South in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Maggie and Michael. Maggie and Michael were married at 4:00 pm at St. Louise De Marillac Church. Guests began arriving at the Crowne Plaza South at 5:30 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs.
At 6:30 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Maggie and Michael cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the staff at the Crowne Plaza South and was served buffet style.
After dinner, Maggie and Michael shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song You Are The Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne. Next, Maggie danced with her father and then Michael danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 11:30 pm.
Here is the music that Maggie and Michael chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Can’t Stop The Feeling, Justin Timberlake
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Let’s Get Married, Jagged Edge Ft. Reverend Run
- Cutting of the Cake – Better Together, Jack Johnson
- Bride & Groom First Dance – You Are The Best Thing, Ray LaMontagne
- Bride & Father Dance – Never Grow Up, Taylor Swift
- Groom & Mother Dance – Forever Young, Bob Dylan
- Bouquet Toss – Run The World, Beyonce
- Last Dance – Friends In Low Places, Garth Brooks