On Saturday December 01, 2018 we were at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South. The event was a wedding reception for Colleen and Joe. Colleen and Joe were married at 2:00 pm at St. Therese Parish in Munhall. Guests began arriving at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South shortly before 5:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs.
At 6:00 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Colleen and Joe cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at the Crowne Plaza and was served sit-down style.
At the end of dinner, all of the women took part in Colleen’s family tradition where they sang When Irish Eyes Are Smiling as they each enjoyed a shot of either RumChata or Peach Schnaaps. Next, Colleen and Joe shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song From The Ground Up by Dan + Shay. Then, Colleen danced with her mother and Joe danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 11:00 pm.
Here is the music that Colleen and Joe chose for each of the formal events:
- Parents Introduction – Centuries, Fall Out Boy
- Bridal Party Introduction – I Gotta Feeling, Black Eyed Peas
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Crazy In Love, Beyonce
- Cutting of the Cake – Stuck Like Glue, Sugarland
- Bride & Groom First Dance – From The Ground Up, Dan + Shay
- Bride & Mother Dance – You’re The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me, Gladys Knight
- Groom & Mother Dance – My Wish, Rascal Flatts
- Anniversary Dance – Remember When, Alan Jackson
- Bouquet Toss – Where Them Girls At, David Guetta
- Garter Removal – Let’s Get It On, Marvin Gaye
- Garter Toss – Rocky Theme, Bill Conti
- Garter Dressing – Pony, Ginuwine
- Last Dance – I’ve Had The Time Of My Life, Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes