On Saturday November 12, 2016 we were at the Comfort Inn on Rodi Rd. in Pittsburgh. The event was a wedding reception for Brittany and Doug. Brittany and Doug were married at 2:30 pm at St. Bernadette’s Church in Monroeville. Guests began arriving at the Comfort Inn at 5:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs.
At 5:45 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Brittany and Doug cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the staff at the Comfort Inn and was served buffet style.
After dinner, Brittany and Doug shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. Next, the newlyweds danced with the bridal party and then Brittany danced with her father and Doug danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:00 pm.
Here is the music that Brittany and Doug chose for each of the formal events:
- Parents Introduction – Because You Loved Me, Celine Dion
- Bridal Party Introduction – Crazy For You, Madonna
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Just A Kiss, lady Antebellum
- Cutting of the Cake – Lucky, Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
- Bride & Groom First Dance – A Thousand Years, Christina Perri
- Bridal Party Dance – Come To Me, Goo Goo Dolls
- Bride & Father Dance – Don’t Want To Miss A Thing, Aerosmith
- Groom & Mother Dance – Humble & Kind, Tim McGraw
- Anniversary Dance – All Of Me, John Legend
- Bouquet Toss – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), Beyonce
- Garter Removal – Cherry Pie, Warrant
- Garter Toss – Bad Boys, Inner Circle
- Garter Dressing – Just Haven’t Met You Yet, Michael Buble
- Last Dance –Love Story, Taylor Swift