On Saturday we were at the Pittsburgh Marriott North in Cranberry Township Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Elizabeth and Brian. Beth and Brian were married at 5:00 pm at the United Methodist Church in Zelienople. Guests began arriving at the Marriott at 6:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers in the atrium area outside the ballroom.
At 7:00 pm the doors to the ballroom opened and guests transitioned inside. After we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom, Beth and Brian cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at the Pittsburgh Marriott North and was served sit-down style. I want to take just a moment to recognize Brian and his staff at the Marriott. Working with them is truly a pleasure, as they are very professional and well organized. Every little detail of Beth and Brian’s wedding reception had been planned out and executed flawlessly.
After dinner, Beth and Brian shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song A Thousand Years by The Glee Cast. Next, Beth danced with her father and then Brian danced with his mother. We then introduced Beth and Brian’s parents who had requested a special dance with all of their siblings.
After an upbeat bridal party dance, we opened up the dance floor and the party really kicked into high gear. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at midnight.
Here is the music that Beth and Brian chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Party Rock Anthem, LMFAO
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Another One Bites The Dust, Queen
- Cutting of the Cake – Sugar Sugar, The Archies
- Bride & Groom First Dance – A Thousand Years, The Glee Cast
- Bridal Party Dance – The Time (Dirty Bit), Black Eyed Peas
- Bride & Father Dance – Cinderella, Steven Curtis Chapman
- Groom & Mother Dance – A Song For My Son, Mikki Viereck
- Parents Dance – Look At Us, Vince Gill
- Anniversary Dance – Through The Years, Kenny Rogers
- Bouquet Toss – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), Beyonce
- Garter Removal – Dirrty Christina, Aguilera
- Garter Toss – Sexy And I Know It, LMFAO
- Garter Dressing – Let’s Get It On, Marvin Gaye
- Last Dance – Any Way You Want It/Lovin Touchin Squeezin, Glee Cast