On Saturday we were at Armstrong Farms Fieldstone Barn in Saxonburg. The event was a wedding reception for Lindsey and Edwin. Lindsey and Edwin were married at 2:00 pm at St. Fidelis Church in Meridian. Guests began arriving at Armstrong Farms at 4:00 pm where they enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with Fred Vero of Fred Vero Photography.
At 5:30 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the barn and then Lindsey and Edwin shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song Stand By Me by Ben E. King. Next, the newlyweds cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the staff at both The Monroe Hotel and Thoma Meat Market and was served buffet style.
After Dinner, Lindsey danced with her father and then Edwin danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:30 pm.
Here is the music that Lindsey and Edwin chose for each of the formal events:
- Parents Introduction – This Will Be An Everlasting Love, Natalie Cole
- Bridal Party Introduction – I Gotta Feeling, Black Eyed Peas
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Marry You, Bruno Mars
- Cutting of the Cake – Sugar Sugar, The Archies
- Bride & Groom First Dance – Stand By Me, Ben E. King
- Bride & Father Dance – I’ll Be, Reba McEntire
- Groom & Mother Dance – Humble & Kind, Tim McGraw
- Anniversary Dance – Remember When, Alan Jackson
- Last Dance –Take Me Home Tonight, Eddie Money