On Saturday we were at Armco Park in Slippery Rock Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding reception for Sara and Loren. Sara and Loren were married at 1:30 pm at the United Methodist Church in New Castle. Guests began arriving at Armco Park at 3:30 pm where they enjoyed cocktails, appetizers and cookies as the bridal party posed for photographs.
At 4:45 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the hall and then toasts were offered by the matron of honor and best man prior to dinner.
After dinner, Sara and Loren cut their wedding cake before sharing in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song In The Mood by Glen Miller. Next, Sarah danced with her father and then Loren danced with his mother before we opened up the dance floor. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 8:30 pm.
Here is the music that Sara and Loren chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – Sing, Sing, Sing, Benny Goodman
- Bride & Groom Introduction – Sing, Sing, Sing, Benny Goodman
- Cutting of the Cake – I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch), The Four Tops
- Bride & Groom First Dance – In The Mood, Glen Miller
- Bride & Father Dance – My Little Girl, Tim McGraw
- Groom & Mother Dance – Perhaps, John Denver & Placido Domingo
- Anniversary Dance – Stand By Me, Ben E. King
- Bouquet Toss – Little Bitty Pretty One, Thurston Harris
- Garter Removal – Fly Me To The Moon, Frank Sinatra
- Garter Toss – It Don’t Mean A Thing, If It Ain’t Got That Swing, Duke Ellington
- Garter Dressing – Great Balls of Fire, Jerry Lee Lewis
- Last Dance – True, George Strait