Charlotte and Tom’s Wedding
On Sunday January 19th 2014, we were at The Terrace Room in Butler Pennsylvania. The event was a wedding ceremony and wedding reception for Charlotte and Tom. I was very excited to have the opportunity to DJ this wedding since this was the 3rd wedding I have done for this family. I was the DJ for Katelyn and Alex’s wedding in September 2010 and then again for Molly and Jim’s wedding in January of 2012.
Guests began arriving at The Terrace Room shortly before 4:00 pm as we played prelude music prior to the start of the wedding ceremony. The wedding ceremony started at 4:30 pm and was presided over by Reverend Susan Talbott of My Happy Day. After an approximate 25 minute wedding ceremony, guests enjoyed cocktails and appetizers as the bridal party posed for photographs with family friend and photographer Kim Perry.
At 6:00 pm we formally introduced the bridal party into the ballroom and then Charlotte and Tom played The Newlywed Game and cut their wedding cake prior to dinner. Dinner was prepared by the culinary staff at The Terrace Room and was served sit-down style.
After dinner, Charlotte and Tom shared in their first dance together as husband and wife to the song You & Me by Lifehouse. Next, the newlyweds danced with the bridal party and then Charlotte danced with her father and Tom danced with his mother. Throughout the remainder of the evening, guests danced to the sounds of DJ Pifemaster until the wedding reception ended at 10:00 pm.
Here is the music that Charlotte and Tom chose for each of the formal events:
- Bridal Party Introduction – I Gotta Feeling, Black Eyed Peas
- Bride & Groom Introduction – I Gotta Feeling, Black Eyed Peas
- Cutting of the Cake – L-O-V-E, Nat King Cole
- Bride & Groom First Dance – You & Me, Lifehouse
- Bridal Party Dance – Hooked On A Feeling, BJ Thomas
- Bride & Father Dance – I Loved Her First, Heartland
- Groom & Mother Dance – Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- Anniversary Dance – Remember When, Alan Jackson
- Last Dance – Take Me Home Tonight, Eddie Money